Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Life Moves on a Long

If you were hoping for some great final essay from Maui you will be disappointed. I had planned to write something. I wanted to. The art of procrastination is reserving it for a cold snowy day when I am trapped indoors and can reminisce. From a distance things will always be blue and green.

Progress continues to happen. My slice of the sky has always been cropped to remove the less attractive features. I zoomed you in through the middle. The real thing had two big Plumeria trees in the way on the left hand side.













After sixteen years in this house, five days before I move, the Plumerias were cut to the ground and the stumps removed, my view just got bigger. My neighbor below is putting up a wall. They make for even better neighbors than regular fences.















On the same day another two lives were extinguished. They wait under the eaves of the house instead of in the yard because of a passing shower.















Aloha Greyman and Darkie. You were very fine companions.










































Some things are ephemeral and they change with time. New replaces the old.















Some things may look like they have the capacity to be eternal.



















Some things for all intents and purposes are eternal.


















Aloha from Maui.

4 comments:

Deviant Deziner, aka Michelle said...

Aloha,
I am going to miss Tropical Embellishments
but look forward to The New Beginning.

Michelle

Chris Kreussling (Flatbush Gardener) said...

Aloha. See you Outside Clyde.

Anonymous said...

Aloha. I haven't been stopping by here long, but I must admit I got a bit attached to your tropical garden. I hope your journey to the east coast is a good one - welcome.

Dirty Girl Gardening said...

Darn, I'm tuning in right before the show is over.