Wednesday, May 30, 2007

I'm Going Home

(Flashback) I met Tim Curry and a couple of his friends in a garden on Maui I tended. I pretended I did not know who he was. From the Rocky Horror Picture Show, "I'm Going Home."


On the day I went away
Goodbye
Was all I had to say

I want to come again and stay
Oh my my
Smile and that will mean I may

Cause I've seen blue skies, through the tears
In my eyes
And I realise....I'm going home.

Everywhere it's been the same
Feeling
Like I am outside in the rain
Wheeling
Free to find a game
Dealing
Cards for sorrow, cards for pain

Cause I've seen blue skies, through the tears
In my eyes
And I realise... I'm going home

I'm going home.



Aloha Maui No Ka Oi
Aloha Tropical Embellishments

To a North Carolina mountain top
You will find me there Outside Clyde

6 comments:

Harold & Maude said...

Christopher, our Mr. Greenthumb Man (Remember Mr. Green Jeans on Captain Kangaroo?)

I am reading this just before sleep takes me on another ride, but I have always loved your 'farewell song'. So appropriate.

I am relieved that your two companions are free to return to the earth from whence we all come, and go.

You have a wonderful way with words and pictures and I'm counting on you keeping us posted when you are ready to journal again in North Carolina.

Safe journey my friend.

Mahalo nui loa,

Ric and John

Annie in Austin said...

Thank you for everything, Christopher, including these last two emotionally loaded posts. If I had mascara on it would be running like Tim Curry's.

See you in Clyde.

Annie at the Transplantable Rose

Anonymous said...

See you in Clyde

Deviant Deziner, aka Michelle said...

If you happen to pass an internet cafe on your road trip please drop us an update.

Happy Trails !

ps. and thanks for the Tim Curry link.
I sooooooooo love him.

Digital Flower Pictures said...

Godspeed on your new journey.

Unknown said...

hi, nice blog