Sunday, February 18, 2007

Caught In The Act



















Yes I am looking at you.

I have been tired, crabby and busy all weekend.
Busy is fine and productive.
Tired and crabby is significantly enhanced I am sure
by trying to fuel a biological machine
on half a diet of caffeine, nicotine and sugar.

It is like trying to grow healthy plants
on a diet of chemical fertilizers and pesticides.
The results are poor.

Somebody shoot me please
over to a luxury spa
where I can be detoxed and reprogrammed.

El Gecko is either sipping nectar
or having a high protein snack
on the weevils who like
to live in Torch Ginger.

It gives me pleasure to see him
when I am tired and crabby.

2 comments:

Chris Kreussling (Flatbush Gardener) said...

That's one of the most beautiful photos I've seen.

Is your gecko a regular visitor? And what's the flower?

Christopher C. NC said...

The gardens are filled with hundreds of these Day Geckos. The one on the Torch Ginger flower, Etlingera elatior is on the small side of a medium sized lizard.