Thursday, March 22, 2007

Look Orchids

While I work on a new resume that is less boring and more me I can distract you with these pretty orchid flowers.

These are all different colors of Epidendrum species of orchid.


















The focal point in closeups is quite precise and sometimes hard to get just right looking through reading glasses with fading eyes onto the display screen of the camera out in the wild.


















This flower is half the size of the two above which are about the size of a dime when fully open.






















This would be just another pretty flower and not an orchid.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

"The focal point in closeups is quite precise and sometimes hard to get just right looking through reading glasses with fading eyes onto the display screen of the camera out in the wild."

Don't I know it!

They're all gorgeous, but I like the last one best.

Christopher C. NC said...

Add in a little wind and a focal point in a closeup is even more difficult.

Carol Michel said...

I love the orchids, great pics. I am distracted by them. Much brighter than anything growing in my spring garden.

Annie in Austin said...

The first orchids were so intensely colored and strangely shaped that they didn't seem real, Christopher - then I got to the part about their minute size and my brain had to jump in a different direction.
I hope your sister is getting a charge out of seeing what you can do with that Christmas camera.

Annie

Christopher C. NC said...

Carol I loved all your Crocuses. I saw those and thought I will be able to have those soon. I don't think my parents have many because they come up earlier than they go up there in the spring from Florida. Or do squirrels eat crocus? I know that is why they don't bother with tulips much.

Annie I am not sure how often my family members may look at my blog. We are rarely interesting to our own family members. They get enough of us.

MrBrownThumb said...

Wow Christopher those are some pretty awesome flowers. You're so lucky to live where you live thanks for sharing your plants and photos.

Deviant Deziner, aka Michelle said...

love the vivid color quality !

Deviant Deziner, aka Michelle said...

love the vivid color quality