Sunday, March 25, 2007

After a Nap

Argemone glauca, Pua kala, Prickly Poppy.
I have been feeling a bit prickly for the last couple of days.


















The other African Iris, Dietes vegeta.
I can tell when some plant has been on a TV gardening show or in some magazine. I start getting a lot of hits on those search words. African Iris has been hot for the last few weeks.


















Calotropis gigantea, Pua kalaunu, Crown flower.
This flower was very uncooperative and did not want to be photographed. I will try again later when it is in a better mood.




















Some kind fern that is a weed when water is added to the desert.














Caesalpinia pulcherrima, Dwarf Poinciana in Hawaii. It is called other names in different parts of the world.














I have been called all sorts of things too.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gott in Himmel!

If this is what my world looked after a nap, I'd nap my life away.

Annie in Austin said...

A few of these flowers look similar to what's grown in Austin - there's a wild white poppy seen in old fields and that Caesalpina is called 'Pride of Barbados here.

Last spring at a garden club sale I paid $2 for a small piece of something labeled "butterfly iris". It hasn't bloomed yet but I hope it will be one of the Dietes.

And also hope whoever is calling you names takes a hike.

Annie

Christopher C. NC said...

The name calling has been over the course of a life time in different places and different times, in love, exasperation, humor and sometimes anger. Even now different people use my name differently.

I have lots of common names to describe an uncommon person, just like you Annie/Glinda/.....